For many beginner bloggers, we ask “how to write a blog post on WordPress?”
Writing a blog post is not the same thing as writing a paper or essay in college.
In some ways it’s a lot easier to write a blog post than to write an essay.
Blog posts are simple, to the point, and convey the message with clarity.
In this article, we’re going to highlight some of the big keys you’ll need to factor in to write your quality blog post on WordPress.
Make Sure To Include Internal Linking & External Linking
The first thing to think about for how to write a blog post is your linking.
If you want to write a blog post on WordPress, then chances are you’ll want that blog post read by many people.
The way to do this is with SEO.
A big part of SEO is the linking within your site, as well as from other sites back to you – backlinking.
The linking that you have control over is the internal linking.
When you write a blog post, you’ll want to link back to other pages and posts on your site.
You’ll also want to link back to your homepage.
More internal linking keeps Google on your website longer, and that gets more search engine traffic.
You’ll also want to link to a couple external sources at least.
- How To Find Your Blog Audience
- Define Your Blog Value Proposition & USP
- How Do I Establish Blog Differentiation?
- What Is A Blog Niche?
- The Blog Niche Of “You”
- The Many Benefits Of A Focused Blog Niche
- How To Identify Profitable Blog Niches
- The 777 Method For Finding Your Blog Niche
- Choose Your Blog Niche Based On Big Referral Programs
- Choose A Blog Niche From Hobbies And Lifelong Interests
- Start With Why To Get A Perfect Blog Niche
Intro, 3 Points, Conclusion
We learned a long time ago that you have an intro paragraph, then 3 points of persuasion, and then a conclusion paragraph.
Blog posts are similar.
With respect to how to write a blog post, I tend to write my blog posts one sentence per go, but you’ll still have an intro, body, and conclusion.
If you have 3 sections to your blog post, in addition to an intro and conclusion, you’ll get to 500 words very quickly, easily, and without issue.
- How To Choose A Good Domain Name
- How To Get A Free Domain Name
- Also, How Much Does A Blog Domain Name Cost?
- .com vs .co: Which Is Better For Bloggers?
- Where Can I Buy Domain Names?
- How Do I Come Up With A Good Domain Name?
- Can You Use Google To Buy Domain Names?
Use H2 Headings To Organize Your Blog Post Content
You’ll want sub-headings for your blog posts.
Called H2 headings, you use these to write the sub-headings for sections of your article.
This causes clarity in the mind of the reader, and keeps the blog on topic.
It’s all about organizing your blog post content.
You want your blog to be clearly organized.
It helps to outline your article with these headings written before you begin to write your blog post content.
- How To Install WordPress For Beginners
- How To Install A WordPress Plugin For Your Blog
- Also, How To Install A WordPress Theme For Bloggers
- Start A WordPress Blog With HostGator
- Start A WordPress Blog On BlueHost
- Also, Start A WordPress Blog On Kinsta
- Start A WordPress Blog On WP Engine
- How Much Does It Cost To Start A WordPress Blog?
- How To Write A Blog On WordPress
Add Pictures With Alt Tags
Pictures make for a great blog.
Blogs with text might get skimmed through, but blogs with pictures – and video – show higher levels of engagement and readership.
What’s more, when you add what SEOs call Alt tags to your images, you confer SEO value to your article, getting it more highly ranked on Google.
Be sure to add pictures to your blog posts, and make sure you add in the alt tags with the main keyword of the article.
That’s a helpful step in how to write a blog post.
- Why Genesis Pro Has The Best WordPress Themes
- Which WordPress Theme Is Best For Blogging?
- For WordPress Themes With Sidebar, Try The Genesis Framework
- WordPress Themes For Business: Why Genesis Pro Is Best
- WordPress Themes For Blogs: Try Genesis Pro
- Which WordPress Theme Is Best For SEO?
- Genesis Pro Review: Should I Buy Genesis Pro?
- Choose A Free vs Premium WordPress Theme
Make Your Blog Post Content Easily Readable
How to write a blog post?
Called the Fleisch reading index, it gives you a score of how easy or difficult your content is to read.
You want to write more simply, and for an audience of 10,000.
When you write for more people, you get better writing done.
You are forced to simplify your language to appeal to more people, and this gets you a better blog post.
- Why Blogging Consistently Is The Key To Blogging Success
- How You Should Structure Your Site With WordPress Pages
- WordPress Pages vs Posts – What’s The Difference?
- How To Optimize Your Blog Post With All In One SEO
- How To Write A Blog Post On WordPress
- Convert Blog Visitors Into Subscribers With OptinMonster
- How To Create A Beautiful Contact Page With WPForms
- How Much Does It Cost To Start A WordPress Blog?
- Also, How To Optimize Your Blog Posts With Yoast SEO
- Blog Analytics: How To Use Google Site Kit
- How To Keep Track Of Blog Analytics With MonsterInsights
Have A #1 Keyword, And Use This Keyword No More Than 5-10 Times In 500 Words
The new thing to do with the All in One SEO Pro tool is to enter a keyword and then check your document for how well the writing is optimized – for that keyword.
The AIO SEO tool might tell you to use the keyword more, or use it less.
It might give you a lot of advice on how to improve your article for SEO.
The All-in-One SEO tool is a magic tool that really gets your articles ready for the search engines.
The point here is that each article should have a #1 keyword, and don’t use it too often, but rather the right amount.
And, SEO tools will tell you how much to use the keyword to get the best rankings and results.
Come Up With An Interesting, Engaging Blog Title
Finally, we end with the beginning in mind.
The title of your article can be a make-or-break for whether people read your article.
It can even be the difference-maker for whether they click on your article in the first place!
Be sure to come up with an interesting title.
Use emotional words to evoke a response.
When you have an excellent blog title, you’ll have excellent results.
If You Have Not Set Up WordPress Yet, Try BlueHost
BlueHost is a preferred WordPress hosting partner of many bloggers.
You sign up for BlueHost, and then you very quickly can set up WordPress in 1 click.
When you do this, you can then choose a WordPress theme.
You should also get the All In One SEO Elite plugin, and get the best SEO for your articles.
All said, you set up your WordPress blog with BlueHost.
Be sure to sign up for BlueHost to get started.
- For $100, Which Web Hosting Is Best For A Blogger?
- Kinsta vs WP Engine: What Is The Difference Between The Two?
- What Is The Best Web Hosting For Small Business?
- HostGator vs BlueHost: Which Is Better For Bloggers?
- Can BlueHost Be Good For Small Business Web Hosting
- What Is The Best Web Hosting For Beginner Bloggers?
- Does Free Web Hosting For Bloggers Really Exist…
- Shared And Managed WordPress Hosting: What’s The Difference?
- Why You Should Choose WordPress Web Hosting
Now, you know how to write a blog post on WordPress.
We started with an SEO tutorial about internal and external linking.
Those internal links make a big difference to your SEO performance, so be sure to include at least a few internal links for every article.
Be sure to sign up for BlueHost if you don’t have WordPress yet.
Write your blog posts like you wrote essays in college – with an intro, 3 main explanatory points, and a conclusion.
Use H2 tags to write sub-headings for your blog posts, to make it easier for your readers to understand the topic and sub-topics of your blog post.
Make sure you add pictures to your article, and when you do so, add in alt tags as well.
Alt tags for pictures help confer SEO value to your blog post.
Make your blog post content easily readable – not too complex with your sentences.
Have a #1 keyword for every article, and don’t use it more than 1-2% of the time.
And make sure you have an interesting and engaging blog post title.
We here at Quick Blog Profit want to make sure you get everything you need to get your blog to success.
Check out the resources above and start investing in your blog success!