Here with Quick Blog Profit, we are all about using Yoast SEO to optimize your blog posts.
We have found that using Yoast SEO is an excellent way to gather search engine rankings for the people who matter the most.
Yoast SEO is free, and there is a Premium version as well.
We encourage you to use Yoast SEO to optimize your blog posts and pages for SEO with on-page optimization.
In this article, we’ll describe how to use Yoast SEO to optimize your blog posts for SEO.
Choose A Keyword Phrase to Optimize Your Blog Posts
With Yoast SEO, the first thing you do is identify a keyword phrase that your blog post will be optimized for.
Choosing your keyword phrase is imperative, as it signals to Google what the article is about.
When you choose a keyword phrase, a best practice is to repeat the keyword phrase in a number of different factors:
- The introduction
- The meta description
- The alt tags
- Throughout the text
Keyword phrases can be found through keyword research using SEO tools such as SEMRush.
- How To Find Your Blog Audience
- Define Your Blog Value Proposition & USP
- How Do I Establish Blog Differentiation?
- What Is A Blog Niche?
- The Blog Niche Of “You”
- The Many Benefits Of A Focused Blog Niche
- How To Identify Profitable Blog Niches
- The 777 Method For Finding Your Blog Niche
- Choose Your Blog Niche Based On Big Referral Programs
- Choose A Blog Niche From Hobbies And Lifelong Interests
- Start With Why To Get A Perfect Blog Niche
SEO Analysis of your Blog with Yoast SEO
The SEO analysis of your blog post is extensive with Yoast SEO.
Yoast SEO factors in so many different metrics, and when you complete the objectives in the Yoast SEO plugin, you get a green check mark to know you’ve completed the task.
Here are the search engine factors that Yoast SEO has you optimize:
- Keyword distribution
- Keyword in title
- Title length
- Image keywords
- Meta description length
- Outbound links
- Internal links
- Keyword in the introduction
- Keyword length
- Keyword density – the number of times the keyword appears in the blog post
- Keyword in meta description
- Keyword in the URL
- Is it a previously used keyword?
- Keyword in subheadings
- Text length
When you have all these factors checked off the list, your SEO for your blog post is greatly improved.
It’s one of the reasons why we recommend that you check out Yoast SEO.
- For $100, Which Web Hosting Is Best For A Blogger?
- Kinsta vs WP Engine: What Is The Difference Between The Two?
- What Is The Best Web Hosting For Small Business?
- HostGator vs BlueHost: Which Is Better For Bloggers?
- Can BlueHost Be Good For Small Business Web Hosting
- What Is The Best Web Hosting For Beginner Bloggers?
- Does Free Web Hosting For Bloggers Really Exist…
- Shared And Managed WordPress Hosting: What’s The Difference?
- Why You Should Choose WordPress Web Hosting
SEO Readability with Yoast SEO
To control readability, Yoast SEO also checks the following metrics to make sure your blog post has the best chance to rank on Google.
- Word complexity
- Consecutive sentences starting with the same word
- Use of transition words – encouraged
- Minimal use of passive voice
- Subheading distribution
- Paragraph length
- Sentence length
In addition, the Yoast SEO plugin also allows you to choose certain content as Cornerstone Content, which gets higher rankings in the search engines.
- How To Choose A Good Domain Name
- How To Get A Free Domain Name
- Also, How Much Does A Blog Domain Name Cost?
- .com vs .co: Which Is Better For Bloggers?
- Where Can I Buy Domain Names?
- How Do I Come Up With A Good Domain Name?
- Can You Use Google To Buy Domain Names?
Now, you are ready to use Yoast SEO plugin to optimize your blog content for the search engines.
You start by choosing a keyword phrase to optimize for.
Then, we went over the factors Yoast controls to give you better SEO for your blog post.
Next, we went over readability.
We uncovered the various readability factors that make for a good SEO score.
If you are ready to get started with Yoast, and want to optimize your blog content, then get the Yoast SEO plugin here.
- Why Blogging Consistently Is The Key To Blogging Success
- How You Should Structure Your Site With WordPress Pages
- WordPress Pages vs Posts – What’s The Difference?
- How To Optimize Your Blog Post With All In One SEO
- How To Write A Blog Post On WordPress
- Convert Blog Visitors Into Subscribers With OptinMonster
- How To Create A Beautiful Contact Page With WPForms
- How Much Does It Cost To Start A WordPress Blog?
- Also, How To Optimize Your Blog Posts With Yoast SEO
- Blog Analytics: How To Use Google Site Kit
- How To Keep Track Of Blog Analytics With MonsterInsights