If you want to create a WordPress blog in 15 minutes, then this short tutorial will give you everything you need – step-by-step to get started with a profitable blog.
We will cover the 10 steps needed to build a profitable blog, and when you’re done reading, you are 15 minutes away from creating your first WordPress blog!
Building a WordPress blog doesn’t have to be a chore.
In fact, it can be both easy and enriching.
If you want to build a blog for success, then following the recommendations in this blog post will get you to the right place.
Let’s get started.
Choose Your Blog Niche and Narrow Down the Focus of Your Blog
When you want to create a WordPress blog, the first thing you should do is get clear on your blog niche.
There are many profitable blog niches, and we think you’ll do well if you choose a blog topic in the following niches:
- WordPress / Blogging
- Digital Marketing
- Personal Finance
- Moms / Dads
- Small Business
When you choose your niche, be sure to “narrow your niche” and don’t focus only on the central topic.
You’ll want to get super clear on what you’re blogging about.
So, for fitness, you might choose bodybuilding, weightlifting, or weight loss.
Not only diets, but the Atkins diet.
There are niches within niches and the narrower your focus, the better your blog’s chance to be successful.
- How To Find Your Blog Audience
- Define Your Blog Value Proposition & USP
- How Do I Establish Blog Differentiation?
- What Is A Blog Niche?
- The Blog Niche Of “You”
- The Many Benefits Of A Focused Blog Niche
- How To Identify Profitable Blog Niches
- The 777 Method For Finding Your Blog Niche
- Choose Your Blog Niche Based On Big Referral Programs
- Choose A Blog Niche From Hobbies And Lifelong Interests
- Start With Why To Get A Perfect Blog Niche
Choose A Web Hosting Partner – BlueHost for the Budget-Conscious, or Kinsta or WP Engine for the Affluent
It’s a lot of fun to create a WordPress blog.
Now that you’ve chosen your niche, your next step is to choose your web hosting partner.
Think of web hosting as the cloud hard drive for your web site.
Your web site or blog has files – WordPress files, blog post files, photo files, etc.
All that data has to go somewhere.
Where it goes is web hosting.
Web hosting is also where you install WordPress, which is the #1 blogging platform of choice for new bloggers.
So, when you get started, you’ll need to sign up for web hosting.
If you are budget conscious, then get web hosting from BlueHost for $2.95 a month.
You could also get web hosting from HostGator for $2.95 a month.
- For $100, Which Web Hosting Is Best For A Blogger?
- Kinsta vs WP Engine: What Is The Difference Between The Two?
- What Is The Best Web Hosting For Small Business?
- HostGator vs BlueHost: Which Is Better For Bloggers?
- Can BlueHost Be Good For Small Business Web Hosting
- What Is The Best Web Hosting For Beginner Bloggers?
- Does Free Web Hosting For Bloggers Really Exist…
- Shared And Managed WordPress Hosting: What’s The Difference?
- Why You Should Choose WordPress Web Hosting
Choose An Excellent Domain Name
When you want to create a WordPress blog, it’s important to go step by step.
Now that you’ve signed up for web hosting with BlueHost, it’s time to get a domain name.
Usually, when you sign up for web hosting with BlueHost, you can get a free domain name.
That’s a nice gift.
Either way, you’ll want to choose a domain name that fits your niche.
Choose a domain name that’s catchy and memorable.
Stick with .com domains, and don’t get too fancy – the perfect is the enemy of the good.
And that’s good enough.
- How To Choose A Good Domain Name
- How To Get A Free Domain Name
- Also, How Much Does A Blog Domain Name Cost?
- .com vs .co: Which Is Better For Bloggers?
- Where Can I Buy Domain Names?
- How Do I Come Up With A Good Domain Name?
- Can You Use Google To Buy Domain Names?
Set Up WordPress in 1 Click
After you’ve bought your web hosting from HostGator, BlueHost, Kinsta, or WP Engine, and bought your domain name either for free or from GoDaddy or Google Domains, your next step is to install WordPress on your web hosting plan.
This is very easy to do.
You follow the basic instructions, and then you get started with WordPress.
It’s a 1 click install for most of you.
To create a WordPress blog, it is as easy as a one click setup.
If you’re having a tough time with this, then don’t be afraid to call the award-winning tech support from the companies mentioned above.
It’s really easy, and they are most helpful.
I have called tech support time and again, and I think you’ll find it very self-explanatory to set up WordPress with BlueHost.
- How To Install WordPress For Beginners
- How To Install A WordPress Plugin For Your Blog
- Also, How To Install A WordPress Theme For Bloggers
- Start A WordPress Blog With HostGator
- Start A WordPress Blog On BlueHost
- Also, Start A WordPress Blog On Kinsta
- Start A WordPress Blog On WP Engine
- How Much Does It Cost To Start A WordPress Blog?
- How To Write A Blog On WordPress
- How To Structure Your Site With WordPress Pages
Choose A WordPress Theme – We Recommend Genesis Pro
Now that you’ve installed WordPress, your next step is to set up a WordPress theme for a custom look to your profitable blog.
When it comes to WordPress themes, there’s thousands of free versions, and a Wild-West attitude about premium WordPress themes.
Create a WordPress blog that wows with a premium theme.
Genesis Pro comes with Genesis and 10 additional WordPress themes.
The cost is affordable, at $360 a year.
These WordPress themes are the best in the business for SEO.
They are also good at getting your business running, and making sure you keep your sales strong.
We recommend Genesis Pro for WordPress themes.
- Why Genesis Pro Has The Best WordPress Themes
- Which WordPress Theme Is Best For Blogging?
- For WordPress Themes With Sidebar, Try The Genesis Framework
- WordPress Themes For Business: Why Genesis Pro Is Best
- WordPress Themes For Blogs: Try Genesis Pro
- Which WordPress Theme Is Best For SEO?
- Genesis Pro Review: Should I Buy Genesis Pro?
- Choose A Free vs Premium WordPress Theme
Sign Up for Email Marketing to Add Opt-In Forms and Generate Subscribers
Now that you’ve installed Genesis Pro for your WordPress theme, the next step is to add your email opt-in forms so you can get email subscribers, send them broadcasts and sequences, and get started mailing to your list.
For email marketing, the obvious choice in my view is ConvertKit.
ConvertKit is made for bloggers, publishers, and online marketers.
They have a $15 a month version to get started, and it ramps up based on how many email subscribers you have.
It’s a great deal, and you can install email opt-in forms with precision and ease with a simple one-line copy and paste.
It is important to use email marketing plugins when you want to create a WordPress blog.
If you run an elite small business, and you want a more premium email marketing solution, then try Sendlane, starting for $200 a month.
Optimize Your Blog for SEO With Semrush, SpyFu, and Surfer SEO
Next, it’s time to optimize your blog for SEO.
When you want to create a WordPress blog, it pays to be good at SEO.
Semrush is a premium tool, with a 7-day free trial and then $240 a month.
It’s expensive, but if you have the money it does wonders for your blog rankings.
Semrush is very in with Google.
The longer you have your Semrush subscription, the more traffic and earnings you get.
It’s worth a long purchase.
Also, SpyFu gives you all your competitor’s keywords from their SEO and PPC campaigns.
So, if you want to know all the keywords your competitors are using, sign up for SpyFu.
Finally, we recommend All-in-One SEO Pro as a WordPress plugin for you to use with your WordPress blog.
When you use All-in-One SEO Pro, you get all the on-page optimization you need to rank your blog post on Google, starting with the keyword phrase.
We also recommend Surfer SEO for further on-page optimization.
Surfer SEO is an excellent new tool that helps your on-page optimization to get better search result rankings.
Install Google Analytics to Track Your WordPress Blog’s Progress
Now, it’s mostly required for business blogs to track their success with Google Analytics.
Have no fear, it’s a very easy setup and there’s very little maintenance.
All you do is add a simple line of code to your WordPress site to get started.
If you’re having trouble with it, there are a couple WordPress plugins that set this up for you.
One is Google Site Kit.
Made by Google for WordPress blogs, Google Site Kit takes a second to install and then gets you Google Analytics data very easily and quickly.
What’s more, it’s free.
Two is MonsterInsights Pro.
For $99 a year, it’s an excellent price, and your data and statistics are presented in a visually clear fashion.
After you create a WordPress blog, it is important to add analytics to track your blog performance.
Structure Your Site for Success with Pages, Posts, and Plugins
Now that everything is set up, you should structure your site for success.
The way to do that is with specific WordPress pages that form your blog’s menu.
You’ll want a Start Here page that’s filled with resourceful blog posts and free guides that help direct your reader to success.
You’ll want an About page.
Also, you’ll want a Contact page.
You’ll want an eBooks and Courses page, filled with your products that you sell to raving fans and readers.
When you have your pages set up for success, the blog posts come more easily.
With respect to plugins, you’ll want to add WP Super Cache to speed up your site.
You’ll also want Google XML Sitemaps to report to the search engine crawler that your site is beautiful, and so is the crawler!
You’re nearly done with the tutorial!
The next section is all about making money blogging after you create a WordPress blog.
- Why Blogging Consistently Is The Key To Blogging Success
- How You Should Structure Your Site With WordPress Pages
- WordPress Pages vs Posts – What’s The Difference?
- How To Optimize Your Blog Post With All In One SEO
- How To Write A Blog Post On WordPress
- Convert Blog Visitors Into Subscribers With OptinMonster
- How To Create A Beautiful Contact Page With WPForms
- How Much Does It Cost To Start A WordPress Blog?
- Also, How To Optimize Your Blog Posts With Yoast SEO
- Blog Analytics: How To Use Google Site Kit
- How To Keep Track Of Blog Analytics With MonsterInsights
Monetize Your Blog – Make Money Blogging – With Affiliate Marketing, eBooks, and Courses
This last section in how to create a WordPress blog might be the best section.
It’s all about monetizing your blog.
That’s right, making money blogging.
There are many ways to make money blogging in this economy.
First, there’s ad networks.
They’re saved for when you have 40,000-60,000 pageviews per month on your blog.
It’s attainable, but it takes work and sharing your blog a lot to get there.
Second, there’s affiliate marketing.
Promoting other people’s products on the internet, and you get a percentage of the sale.
We do affiliate marketing on Quick Blog Profit, and chances are every time you’re clicking on an offer, it’s with an affiliate link that tracks the sale and gives QBP the credit.
Third, there’s eBooks.
We have seen that selling eBooks is a very profitable way of doing things.
You can promote your eBooks to your email list, and you can promote your eBooks to your readers.
You can even do partnerships with other blogs to promote your eBooks to their email list.
Fourth, there’s Courses.
You can build a beautiful online course.
And then, price it for a couple hundred dollars.
Sell a few dozen a month and you’ve made excellent money.
There are many more ways to make money blogging, but these are the biggest 4.
You now have everything you need to create a WordPress blog in 15 minutes.
Start by signing up for web hosting, based on your income bracket.
Then, you’ll want a premium WordPress theme package.
Sign up for email marketing to add opt-in boxes to your profitable blog and send email broadcasts and autoresponders to your email subscribers.
ConvertKit is an excellent choice for beginners and pros alike, starting for $10 a month.
If you want a really elite email marketing product, try Sendlane, which starts for $200 a month.
Next, you’ll want to add SEO to your website for more web traffic, etc.
Get the 7-day free trial of Semrush, after it costs $230 a month.
Be sure to get SpyFu, which gives you access to your competitors’ keywords for SEO and PPC.
Also, we’re directing you on the right path with All-in-One SEO Pro, for $99 to $299 a year.
Finally, you’ll want to add analytics to your blog.
Be sure to sign up for Google Analytics, Google’s free blog analytics tool.
If you want something that’s easier to use and goes further with the data, then try MonsterInsights Pro, which costs $99 a year.
Now that we’ve concluded this blog post, let’s talk some more about software products for your profitable blog!
We find that investing in digital products and software makes a big difference to your success.
Here’s a list of recommended products we think you should invest in.
Create A WordPress Blog 2023 Buying Guide
Start Now! Blogging For Profit Quick Start:
- Hosting & WordPress: HostGator or BlueHost starting at $2.95 a month, where you can setup WordPress in 1 click and start blogging for profit now
- Email Marketing: ConvertKit starting for $10 a month lets you build your email list, and pro bloggers all say that “the money’s in the email list!”
- ConvertKit – starting at $10 a month, ConvertKit is a trusted email marketing platform that lets you sign up email subscribers, where you can market to your email list over and over again and earn profit blogging
- Aweber – starting at $16.15 a month, Aweber is often a choice of veteran affiliate marketers to build your email list and earn profit blogging
- GetResponse – one of our favorite email marketing tools, GetResponse is a full-stack email solution that gets it done so you can start a blog
Search Engine Marketing
- SEMRush – features a 7-day free trial, and then $200 a month, SEMRush is an all-in-one SEO toolkit helping you do keyword research, content optimization, and backlink building for profit
- Moz – $99 a year, with a 30 day free trial, lets you do keyword research, backlink and site analysis, and on-page optimization
- All In One SEO Pro – for $299 a year, All In One SEO is the best WordPress plugin for SEO and their paid version really helps get you web traffic to your blog, where you can monetize for profit
- Surfer SEO – for $69 a month, you get on-page optimization recommendations for each blog post you write, helping you to get your blog posts more highly ranked on the search engine results pages
- HostGator – $2.95 a month, this web hosting product is the best way to add WordPress to your website, with a 1 click install.
- BlueHost – $2.95 a month, this web host platform is where you install WordPress, and get to blogging
- Kinsta – $35 a month, a more premium version of web hosting with managed WordPress hosting as an offering, perfect for those who have more
- WP Engine – $25 a month per site, a managed WordPress hosting alternative that we use for Quick Blog Profit and love!
- Crowdfire – $9.95 a month, this social media management tool for bloggers, businesses, agencies, and brands helps you manage your social accounts all in one place, helping you blog for profit by giving your blog posts extra social reach
- Tailwind – $15.99 a month, this Pinterest-savvy and Instagram-savvy social media tool helps you publish beautiful content, giving your blog extra web traffic to help you earn profit blogging
- Sendible – $89 a month, this premium social media management tool lets you grow your audience, attract new customers, and reach your social media goals with an all in one platform, helping you earn profit blogging through social media outreach for your blog posts
- MonsterInsights – $99 a year, this premium WordPress analytics tool makes your blog numbers a breeze to understand, and it probably helps you build a bigger audience too simply by having it installed
- ExactMetrics – $399 a year, this premium WordPress analytics plugin helps you refine and read your data better, have more insight, and achieve better blog results