Affiliate Disclaimer: This blog post has affiliate links. If you click and buy we earn a commission, no extra cost to you. Thank you for reading!
Email marketing is a crucial component of any successful marketing strategy. It allows businesses to directly communicate with their audience, build relationships, and drive conversions. With the right tools and strategies, email marketing can be a powerful tool for driving growth and revenue.
One of the leading platforms for email marketing is HubSpot’s Marketing Hub. In this tutorial, we’ll explore the basics of email marketing with HubSpot and how you can use it to enhance your marketing efforts.
What is HubSpot Marketing Hub?
HubSpot Marketing Hub is a comprehensive marketing automation platform that helps businesses attract, engage, and delight customers. It offers a range of tools and features, including email marketing, social media management, lead generation, and analytics.
With HubSpot Marketing Hub, businesses can create and send personalized emails, segment their audience, and track the performance of their email campaigns. It also integrates with other HubSpot tools, such as the CRM, to provide a seamless marketing experience.
Read our HubSpot Marketing Hub review.
Why Use HubSpot for Email Marketing?
by Austin Distel (https://unsplash.com/@austindistel)
- User-friendly interface: HubSpot’s email editor is intuitive and easy to use, making it simple for anyone to create professional-looking emails.
- Personalization: With HubSpot, you can personalize your emails based on your audience’s interests, behavior, and other data points.
- Segmentation: HubSpot allows you to segment your audience based on various criteria, such as demographics, behavior, and engagement.
- Automation: You can set up automated email workflows to send targeted messages to your audience at the right time.
- Analytics: HubSpot provides detailed analytics for your email campaigns, allowing you to track opens, clicks, and other important metrics.
- Integration: As mentioned, HubSpot integrates with other tools, such as the CRM, to provide a seamless marketing experience.
Getting Started with HubSpot Email Marketing
To get started with HubSpot email marketing, you’ll need to sign up for a Marketing Hub account. Once you have an account, you can follow these steps to start creating and sending emails.
Step 1: Create a Contact List
Before you can send emails, you’ll need to have a list of contacts to send them to. In HubSpot, you can create contact lists based on various criteria, such as location, job title, or behavior.
To create a contact list, go to the “Contacts” tab and click on “Lists” in the dropdown menu. Then, click on the “Create list” button and follow the prompts to set up your list.
Step 2: Design Your Email
by Krsto Jevtic (https://unsplash.com/@krstoj)
Next, you’ll need to design your email. HubSpot offers a drag-and-drop email editor that makes it easy to create professional-looking emails without any coding knowledge.
To design your email, go to the “Marketing” tab and click on “Email” in the dropdown menu. Then, click on the “Create email” button and choose a template to get started. You can customize the template by adding text, images, buttons, and other elements.
Step 3: Personalize and Segment Your Email
To make your email more relevant and engaging, you can personalize it based on your audience’s interests and behavior. HubSpot allows you to insert personalization tokens, such as the recipient’s name or company, into your email.
You can also segment your email list to send targeted messages to specific groups of contacts. For example, you can send a different email to leads who have not yet converted compared to those who have already made a purchase.
Step 4: Set Up an Email Workflow
by Austin Distel (https://unsplash.com/@austindistel)
Email workflows are automated sequences of emails that are triggered by a specific action or event. For example, you can set up a workflow to send a welcome email to new subscribers or a follow-up email to leads who have downloaded a content offer.
To set up an email workflow, go to the “Automation” tab and click on “Workflows” in the dropdown menu. Then, click on the “Create workflow” button and choose “Email” as the type of workflow. Follow the prompts to set up your workflow and add emails to it.
Step 5: Test and Send Your Email
Before sending your email to your entire list, it’s important to test it to ensure that it looks and functions as intended. HubSpot allows you to send test emails to yourself or other team members to review before sending it to your contacts.
Once you’re satisfied with your email, you can schedule it to be sent immediately or at a specific date and time. You can also choose to send it to your entire list or a specific segment.
Best Practices for HubSpot Email Marketing
To get the most out of your email marketing efforts with HubSpot, here are some best practices to keep in mind:
- Keep your subject line short and attention-grabbing: Your subject line is the first thing your audience will see, so make sure it’s concise and compelling.
- Personalize your emails: As mentioned, personalization can significantly improve the effectiveness of your emails.
- Segment your audience: Sending targeted messages to specific segments of your audience can lead to higher open and click-through rates.
- Use a clear call-to-action (CTA): Your email should have a clear and prominent CTA that tells your audience what you want them to do next.
- Test and optimize your emails: Continuously test different elements of your emails, such as subject lines, CTAs, and design, to see what resonates best with your audience.
- Monitor your analytics: Pay attention to your email analytics to see how your campaigns are performing and make adjustments as needed.
Real-World Examples of Successful HubSpot Email Marketing
by John Schnobrich (https://unsplash.com/@johnishappysometimes)
To give you some inspiration for your own email marketing efforts with HubSpot, here are some real-world examples of successful campaigns:
Example 1: The Hustle
The Hustle is a media company that sends a daily email newsletter to its subscribers. The newsletter includes a roundup of the top business and tech news stories of the day, as well as sponsored content from advertisers.
The Hustle uses HubSpot to segment its audience based on interests and behavior and personalize its emails with dynamic content. As a result, the company has seen a 40% increase in click-through rates and a 20% increase in email open rates.
Example 2: The New York Times
The New York Times uses HubSpot to send personalized emails to its subscribers based on their reading habits. For example, if a subscriber frequently reads articles about politics, they will receive more political news emails.
The company also uses HubSpot’s email workflows to send targeted emails to subscribers who have not engaged with their emails in a while. This has resulted in a 130% increase in email open rates and a 900% increase in click-through rates.
HubSpot’s Marketing Hub offers a powerful set of tools for email marketing that can help businesses attract, engage, and delight customers. By following best practices and using real-world examples as inspiration, you can use HubSpot to enhance your email marketing efforts and drive growth and revenue for your business. As you get closer to making a decision, read our HubSpot review.